Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Category: Main course
Sweet and sour pork loin chops, with Borettane onions and Belgian endives.
Sweet and sour pork with Borettane onions and Belgian endives is a main course combining contrasting flavors and consistencies.
Opposites attract -in life and in cooking- and together they create something unique.
The sweetness of honey meets the slightly bitter taste of Belgian endives, which remains crisp, while onions are soft and tasty and the meat is really tender and flavorful, sweet and spicy, thanks to honey and pepper.
GRANITO GRAN GOURMET® FRYPAN
Thanks to Risolì Granito Gran Gourmetnon-stick frypan, you need less oil to prepare this recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 600 g pork loin
- 12 Borettane onions
- 2 Belgian endives
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 glass white wine
- Cut pork loin into chops, peel onions, wash Belgian endives and cut endives into quarters.
- Pour oil and honey on the pan, heat and add onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pork loin chops, stir and cook for 10 minutes, then add salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add wine and let it simmer until it has evaporated.
- When the wine has evaporated, add Belgian endives. Let them cook for 3- 4 minutes and serve.