Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Category: Single course
A tasty and quick meal. It can be served as a starter or main course, or even as a single course, if you want a light supper.
This vegan potato pie recipe is really easy. The raw potatoes are used to make layers with tasty aromatic herbs tofu cream.
As it doesn not contain dairy products nor eggs, everyone will enjoy it, included those who are lactose intolerant or follow a vegan diet. It is a gluten free recipe, so celiacs can enjoy it too!
EGG&SWEET DR. GREEN®
You can either arrange the potato pie on a baking tray and then slice it, or arrange it on a monoportion pan, such as Egg&Sweet pans, Dr. Green® Line by Risolì , a range of high quality pans, 100% made in Italy, ideal for a healthy and fat-free cooking. The new non-stick water-based coating Green Stone® respects the nutritional value of the food and guarantees the safety of a certified product, which does not release any substances while cooking. It has double resistance to wear compared to standard pans and it is eco-friendly.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 2 potatoes
- 120 g natural tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 spoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Sage, thyme and fresh rosemary q.s.
- Salt and pepper q.s.
- Crumble tofu in a blender, add soy milk, a spoon of nutritional yeast flakes. Add the washed and minced aromatic herbs.
- Add salt and pepper and blend until uniform and smooth.
- Wash and peel potatoes, Cut them into thin slices using a mandoline slicer. Put a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the pan to compose the pies. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Cover the potato layer with a bit of tofu cream, then continue to layer potatoes and tofu cream.
- Complete the pies with a layer of tofu cream and sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 20 minutes. To get a crispy crust, turn the oven grill on.
Nutritional yeast flakes are often used in vegan kitchen to maximaze flavours. They can be found in any organic food store. Alternately, they can be replaced with almond flour or grated Parmesan cheese, if you are not vegan, or intolerant to lactose.