Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Category: Main course
Roast turkey fillet with red onions and marsala raisins.
The roast turkey fillet is a rich and savory dish, an ideal Sunday lunch or feast days recipe.
The roast turkey fillet will be ready in a few minutes and can be seasoned with anything you like and served with the vegetables you prefer. Everybody will enjoy it, both adults and children will love it!
Today I propose a Christmas roast turkey fillet, to be served with plump onions and marsala raisins. A simple but original recipe, an ideal dish to enjoy during Christmas holidays and special occasions.
Cooking a roast turkey fillet can be quite easy and quick, especially if you use the ergonomic Risolì roasting pan Cuociarrosto. It is a high-quality non-stick large pan, both ideal to prepare roasts and bake in the oven. It has a useful pyrex glass cover, which turns into an elegant serving dish, to serve your food directly on the table.
Ingredients for 6 people
To prepare turkey fillet
- 400 g minced turkey
- 150 g finely chopped mortadella
- 1 mug fresh milk
- 6 sliced bread (6 slices)
- 120 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 whole eggs
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
To prepare vegetables (side dish)
- 6 red onions
- 100 g raisins
- 1 glass of dry Marsala wine
- 20 g pine nuts
- 5 sage leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Chop sliced bread and leave it to soak in milk.
- Put minced turkey and finely chopped mortadella in a capacious bowl and stir.
- Add the squeezed and crumbled bread, and the eggs. Season with nutmeg and salt.
- Knead well and add breadcrumbs if the mixture is too moist.
- Pour onto baking paper, form a cylinder, cover it and place it in the fridge to harden.
- Peel the onions and cut them into 4 parts each.
- Pour raisins into Marsala wine.
- Grease the roaster with a bit of oil, place your turkey polpettone inside and surround with the onions.
- Add well washed and squeezed raisins (keep Marsala aside), pine nuts, sage and bay leaves. Season with salt.
- Cover with a lid and bake in the oven 180° for about 30 minutes, then raise the temperature to 200°, simmer polpettone with the Marsala wine kept aside and bake without lid for another 20 minutes.