Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: –
A last minute recipe, an ideal appetizer that will surprise the whole family.
Sometimes we want an original and savory dinner to please the whole family.
Instead of a homemade pizza, you could cook these tasty stuffed focaccia bread, if you are running out of time.
Their filling with courgettes and scamorza cheese will taste incredible. And they’ll be ready in only 20 minutes!
DEEP FRYPAN WITH LID DR.GREEN®
You only need a non-stick frypan, such as Risolì deep frypan with lid: this non-stick water based Greenstone® frypan is the ideal tool for gentle cooking over low heat that keeps foods wholesome and more flavoursome.
Thanks to instant yeast, your stuffed focaccia will be as soft as a traditional baked focaccia. Your delicious dinner will be ready in a few minutes!
Ingredients for 9 people
To prepare focaccia bread
- 250 g 00 flour
- 2 tablespoons seed oil or olive oil
- 100 g water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 6 g instant yeast for salted pies
To prepare the filling
- 2 courgettes
- 200 g smoked scamorza cheese or other stretched curd cheese
- Wash and chop the courgettes. Let it brown for 5 minutes on a non-stick frying pan with a thread of oil. Courgettes should be crispy, not soft. Once cooked, keep aside and allow cooling.
- Chop cheese and keep aside.
- Pour flour, yeast, salt and sugar into a bowl. Make a hole in the middle and add oil and water.
- Knead until you get a soft and elastic dough.
- Transfer onto a floured surface and roll out the dough. Make 8 cm circles with a coppapasta or a biscuit cutter.
- Fill the dough discs with some chopped courgettes and chopped scamorza. Close with another disc, sealing the edges. Make sure you seal well.
- Pour the small focaccias on a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on a moderate flame and turn, then cover with cover with a lid, as this helps leavening. Once ready, serve warm.