Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Category: Single course
Eggless pie with whole wheat flour. Cooked in the frypan.
A quick and healthy main course, ideal for a healthy and balanced diet. It is also ideal as a delicious starter or as a sandwich filling for an appetizing picnic lunch.
DR.GREEN® NON-STICK FRYPAN
You can cook this eggless whole wheat flour pie in a frypan, like a frittata, thanks to Dr. Green non-stick cookware.
The whole family will enjoy this dish, prepared with very little oil, which you can personalize according to your taste. Moreover, our certified cookware, which do not release chemicals in the food, allow you to prepare a safe and healthy meal. Thanks to their 6mm die cast aluminum body, these frypans guarantee a safe and healthy cooking entirely made in Italy, ’cause if it’s true that we must pay the utmost attention to what we bring to the table, is undeniable that health starts right from the pan!
Ingredients for 2 People
- 150 g mineral water
- 75 g whole organic flour
- 90 g peppers
- 80 g cooked ham cubes
- 70 g carrots
- 40 g onions
- 20 g extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 glass of mineral water
- Crushed chili
- Dried parsley
- Chop carrots and onions in the blender.
- Cut the pepper into strips and then into small chunks.
- Pour 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (about 15 g) into a frypan and heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chopped carrots and onions. Add the pepper. Lower the heat to brown the onion without burning.
- Stir well the vegetables and when they are sweating add half a glass of water. Cover with a lid and lower the heat.
- Season with salt, add chili pepper and stir, then cover again. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked ham cubes. Remove the lid and let dry, raising heat if necessary.
- Once the mixture is well blended and seasoned, add some minced parsley and stir. Then turn the heat off.
- Wait until the mixture is lukewarm.
- Prepare a batter with water and whole flour, stirring quickly with a whisk. Measure out the salt.
- Add the vegetables to the batter and stir.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil into the pan and heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mixture and level out with the back of a spoon to obtain an even layer on the pan.
- Cover and lower the heat. Cook for at least 5-7 minutes on both sides. Use the lid to turn the pie over, as you would do with a frittata.
- Once the pie is cooked, remove the lid and raise the heat and brown on both sides.
A 24 cm frypan is excellent for this recipe.