Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Category: Main course
A tasty vegetarian frittata with artichokes is an ideal main course for a picnic meal or a buffet lunch or dinner.
This frittata with artichokes is a vegetarian main course, prepared with sautéed artichokes, eggs and cheese.
It is a tasty choice if you want to enjoy this seasonal vegetable together with a few simple ingredients for a rich and nourishing meal.
It can be a great meal warm or room temperature depending on what you prefer. You can cook it in advance and enjoy for lunch at work, in the great outdoors or at a buffet. Just try it!
RISOLÌ® FRYPAN “FUSION-STEEL”
You need a non-stick pan, such as the Risolì non-stick frypan Fusion Steel, with steel handle, to prepare this recipe and cook your healthy frittata using only a small amount of oil.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 artichokes
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 bunches parsley
- 2 pinches salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon grated Pecorino
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Clean the artichokes, trimming the hardest part of the stem, the tip and removing the external, harder leaves. Cut them in half, remove the beard and cut them into quarters. As you prepare and cut your artichokes, dip them into the lemon/water to prevent oxidation.
- Heat oil on a pan, brown garlic until golden brown, add well-drained artichokes, salt and minced parsley, cover and cook on a moderate flame until soft, adding some water if necessary. They will take about 20-25 minutes to cook.
- Using scissors, trim the artichokes, once ready.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with grated cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the artichokes and and blend thoroughly.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil on a non-stick pan (spread it all over to grease the entire surface of the pan). Pour the mixture of eggs and artichokes and cover with a lid.
- Cook the eggs mixture on low flame. Make sure the stove burner is of appropriate size for your pan, so that the heat spreads evenly, to prevent frittata from browning.
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown and the top is puffed and firm. Cover the frying pan with a lid or plate. Turn the pan over so that the frittata falls onto the lid. Return the pan to the stovetop and slide the frittata back into the pan. Don’t forget to use a pot holder!
- Cook until the top is golden brown. It will take less to cook on the other side and you might raise the flame a little.
- Remove the lid and slide the frittata onto a serving plate.
You can prepare this recipe in advance, as it tastes incredible warm or at room temperature.