Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Category: First course
A vegan first course, with cauliflower and chili bread crumbs.
Pasta with cauliflower and chili bread crumbs is an easy and quick vegan first course.
Cheap, savory and nourishing, it is ideal if you have some leftover cauliflower in the fridge or some stale bread to reuse.
In this version I’ve used white and green cauliflower, but you can use any variety you’d like (white, purple or yellow ones).
GRANITO GRAN GOURMET® FRYPAN
Try our die-cast aluminium Granito Gran Gourmet frypan, ideal both to brown bread crumbs and to sauté pasta. Use the same frypan to cook a savory meal.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350 g Pasta pipe rigate
- 400 g white and green boiled cauliflower
- 2 slices stale bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fine salt
- Four seasons pepper
- Pour 2 tablespoon of oil, a garlic clove and chili pepper, add the chopped bread and brown until the bread is golden brown and crunchy.
- Move the bread onto a plate and keep aside.
- Cook pasta in abundant boiling salted water.
- After browning bread, pour 4 tablespoon of oil into the same frypan, add the remaining garlic and brown for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflowers, salt and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and put it into the pan with cauliflowers, let it set for a few minutes and add the chopped bread and a pinch of pepper. Then serve.