Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Category: Single course
An ideal rich and nourishing single course.
Potato parmigiana is the “white” version of the traditional aubergine parmigiana. A unique and rich in taste dish loved by adults and children.
Potato parmigiana is a quick and easy recipe, ideal to be prepared in advance (in the morning for example and cooked the evening before you want to serve it.
Three layers of soft potatoes with a crunchy crust and a creamy besciamella sauce with scamorza cheese are the ingredients of this delicious dish.
Risolì Tegliaplus Granito is the ideal tool for baking potato parmigiana, as it is a large non-stick baking-try, that allows you to prepare baked lasagna, gratinéed pasta, timbales or gratinéed vegetable dishes, without adding too much oil and preventing food from sticking to the pan.
Ingredients for 8 people
To prepare besciamella sauce
- 50 g fresh butter
- 50 g 00 flour
- 1/2 l whole milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
To prepare parmigiana
- 2 kg peeled and boiled yellow potatoes
- 300 g smoked Scamorza cheese
- 200 g high quality cooked ham
- 80 g grated Grana Padano
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare besciamella sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan, add flour and stir well with a whisk until the the mixture becomes a light golden colour, then add cold milk and simmer for about 15/20 minutes, stirring from time to time to avoid clumps. Adjust salt and pepper and season with nutmeg.
- Cut the boiled potatoes and then the scamorza cheese into thin slices.
- Spread a thin layer of besciamella sauce on Risolì non-stick baking tray, then place potatoes over it, overlapping them to form an even layer. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover with ham, then place some slices of scamorza cheese over it.
- Now add besciamella sauce and grated Grana Padano. Cover with another layer of potatoes, then start again.
- Place some more ham slices, provola cheese, besciamella sauce and Grana Padano. Finish with a layer of potatoes. Add some besciamella sauce and sprinkle with grated Grana Padano and two tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Add a trickle of extra-virgin olive oil for a perfect gratin.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven). Bake for about 30 minutes until your parmigiana is perfectly gratineed.