Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Category: Main course
An easy but flavory sea and land main course.
This is a simple fish main course, based on a few ingredients, but rich in taste.
Cuttlefish should be cooked directly in the frypan with peas and onion and they should be served with the sauce they cooked in, which should be quite liquid, to mop up your plate with homemade bread.
If you prefer a “red” version of this recipe, you just need to add cherry tomatoes to the cuttlefish, without simmering with white wine at the end.
CAST PROFESSIONAL PAELLERA®
The ideal tool to prepare this recipe is Risolì Paellera (Professional Line). A useful and functional tool, made of cast aluminium, with thick crushproof non-stick bottom, for a fat-free cooking.
Ingredients for 2 People
- 600 g clean cuttlefish
- 150 g peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1,5 glass of white wine
- Onion q.s.
- 2 sprigs parsely
- Fine salt q.s.
- Black pepper q.s.
- Boiling water q.s.
- Carefully wash cuttlefish, dry with kitchen paper and cut into strips -make sure you remove the eyes. Then cut the tentacles into pieces.
- Brown the finely-chopped onion with oil in a double bottom saucepan.
- Add cuttlefish and brown, stirring often.
- When the cuttlefish has become white, simmer with white wine.
- Add peas and and let it gain flavour over a high heat, add finely-minced parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover with some boiling water (about 2 glasses), and lower the heat to minimum and cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 40 minutes, stirring sometimes. Add some more water if needed to complete the cooking process.
- Once the cuttlefish is soft, turn the heat off and serve with the sauce in which it has cooked and some slices of homemade bread.
It is important not to forget the bread: this sauce is delicious, you’ll be mopping up your plate!